6 Tips for Creating Amazing Videos with Your 360 Booth
There’s no doubt that 360 Photo Booths are all the rage these days. Whether your clients want to add a unique touch to their wedding, throw a killer party, or get some fantastic branded videos for their business, a 360 Booth is the perfect way to do it.
But what exactly is a 360 Photo Booth?
360 Booths are high-tech photo booths that take panoramic videos in 360 degrees, resulting in some genuinely unique videos that your guests will cherish for a lifetime. It’s simple… Your guests stand on a platform (some booths can only support one guest, others can support up to four), and a recording device swings around them on a rotating arm and captures a 360-degree video. The great news is that guests go wild for these videos!You’ll soon be filling out your calendar with bookings if you add a 360 booth to your photo booth offerings. Now that you’ve decided to add a 360 booth to your collection, here are a few handy tips for creating memorable and fun 360 videos with your booth:
1. Buy a Sturdy, Well-Made 360 Booth
Everything has to start with a great foundation.With the popularity of 360 booths rising, many manufacturers who claim to have the best product on the market are popping up. You’ll need to put in a few hours of research to find the best and most reliable product to add to your photo booth arsenal. What could go wrong if you buy a cheaply made, unstable booth? So many things, including:
- Super shaky videos because your 360 Booth’s platform and arm aren’t stable and well-built
- Your guests falling off the platform because it wobbles or breaks
- Your expensive iPhone 13 going flying across the room because the attachment is faulty
2. Get the Best Photo Booth Software on the Market
Make sure you get the best companion for your 360 booth by picking the best software for the job.
Ideally, you’ll want a software option that has the following:
- A Video Builder
- Sharing Options
- Online Galleries
- Online Support
- Customizable Emails/Online Galleries
Snappic is an industry-leading photo booth software with one of the most powerful video builders on the market. You can let your imagination run wild and create the most epic 360 video experiences for your guests. Snappic also includes all the features listed above, and so many more!
3. Use a High-Quality Recording Device
You’ll definitely want the best quality videos for your 360 booth. So choose an option that works best for you.
The most popular devices used on a 360 booth are:
- An iPhone
- An iPad
- A DSLR
Each recording device has its own pros and cons, and can be dependent on which software you are using.
Whatever option you choose, ensure that you have bought the latest model as that will produce the highest quality videos.
4. Good Lighting Makes A World of Difference
Lighting plays a big part in the quality of your videos. The more light, the better!
If your event is outdoors during the day, you probably won’t need additional lighting (just watch out for direct sunlight on the camera, it will over-expose your subjects!).
If you’re indoors or have an event at night, you may need to put a few LED lights around your 360 booth perimeter facing the subject.
It is also handy to have a small ring light attached to the arm of your booth where the recording device is.
5. Make an Awesome 360 Video TemplateYour guests hop on the 360 booth and take a short 5-10 second video, but the output you show them should take that clip and turn it into something epic!This is where your creativity comes in. When setting up the template for your 360 video, make sure you keep the theme and branding of the event in mind.Some things that you can do to make an awesome video include:Adding an intro and outro video This is great for big brand activations or corporate events. You can use cool visuals to introduce the brand or event, and end off with their animated logo at the end.
Add a soundtrackFind a track that goes with the vibe of the event and time the cuts and movements to the track’s beat.
Use slo-mo, reverse speed and jump cutsTurn that 5-second recorded video into a funky 15-20 second clip by using slo-mo and reverse speed. Jump cuts are also great when they go with the beat of the music.
Make your video unique using effectsChromatic aberration, black and white, pan and zoom, and comic effect are just some of the crazy effects you can add to your videos to make them stand out. With Snappic’s new AI Segmentation feature, you can even separate the subject from the background and add different effects to both. The results are mind-blowing!
Add animated or static overlaysCreate custom designs that go over your video. Perfect for branding or adding a memorable touch to personal events.Snappic’s VideoFX builder allows you to do all of this and more. Our powerful software is ideal for building amazing 360 videos. If you’re just starting out and all of this seems a bit overwhelming, we also have a library of pre-made templates that you can edit.
6. Choose an Easy Sharing OptionThere’s nothing worse than waiting in line, so save your guests from that horrible fate by adding a sharing system that will allow the queue to move smoothly and quickly.
- Some sharing options that Snappic provides are:
- AI Sharing
- QR Contactless Sharing
- Sharing Station
- Instant Text or Email Sharing